UPDATE: I ran 4 miles in 48 min, which is over 11 min per mile. My time will get better as I continue to do longer distances. It felt good, as I usually only increase my mileage at 1/2 mile, not a mile. My total for the week is 12 miles running.
Ok, so I have been putting off blogging until I had an update on how much money has been donated towards my 1/2 over the last two weeks, but I can't get a hold of the person at Children's Hope Chest to get that info...I think she might be on vacation. No biggie, as soon as I get in touch with her, I'll keep a running tab on how much more we need.
Anyways, here's how my training has gone over the past two weeks. After I announced I was running the Chosen Adoption 1/2, Teagan woke up that night with 101.4 fever that lasted 6 DAYS!!! Needless to say, my first week of training was non existent due to needing to take care of my sweet baby. This week; however, I have had a GREAT week of training!! So far I have run 3 miles on Mon and Wed, walked .5 miles and ran 1.5 miles for a total of 2 miles on Tuesday. My bff, Danielle, and I are will be running 4 miles later tonight...Just so you know, I have NEVER run further than 3 miles at a time!! So, I'm nervous and excited about running later this evening. I will update here after my run to let you know how I do. Also, just in case you are wondering, I am doing Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon training.
Here's how I need your continued help and support:
- Prayer -
- that God blesses my training. That there are no more 'hiccups' along the way.
- that at least $2500 is raised, but that He will surprise us all and more is given (we have until Friday, October 22).
- for the girls that need to be rescued.
- protection of the staff
- protection of the rescues
- knowledge of the girls that NEED to be rescued.
- Financially -
- can you donate a $1 per mile, $10 per mile?
- can you donate anything, because any amount that gets us to $2500 is helpful.
|A rescued girl.|