As you can see a new look has taken over the blog, which coincides with a new season in the Engelhardt household and it's going to be a WILD ride. I am giving fair warning that there will be more pictures, there will be more blogging, and there will be a different 'feel' to our new blog. Why you ask? Well, because God has been doing a work in our lives and hearts. Here's what's been happening:
1. We have had a GREAT summer! I've been to the pool, been to Colorado for a family vacation, been studying Esther, started running again, and been reactivating my LOVE for reading.
2. I am DONE, finished with just talking and posting little blog badges on the sides of the blog and not really talking about them. So, be forewarned, the TOUGH stuff WILL be talked about now, with NO sugar coating.
3. Securities and Fears - I have begun to take back my security...no one else is getting access to it anymore. Why? Well, because I have done some reading (Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity). I've also been working through the Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman Bible study with Ms. Beth. God has truly given Ms. Beth a gift to speak truth and she is using that gift in a fabulous way and God is using her to speak and work on me. (I also found on Lifeway.com that I can download the video sessions as I need them for $5 a video. Yes, it would be so much more fun to do this study with a group, but I can do it when I'm able to with my crazy schedule.)
4. Family vacation - we went on a family vacation for the 2nd time in 2 years!! This time we drove all the way to Pagosa Springs, CO. We had a BLAST!! I will get picture up as soon as I can.
5. Blog Badges/Tone/Books - here's the deal. I have been reading So Long Insecurity and we start working and discussing the book Radical by David Platt with our Missional Community group. Gabe and I both feel that we need to change our attitude and our 'American' dream is changing. As of today (July 24, 2010) we are now a one car family again. We sold Gabe's car and bought him a bicycle. We live a mile from work, why...guess what - it's getting us out of debt FASTER. We are seriously looking at whether or not we are going to buy a house anytime soon. We are waiting for God to show us that.
The blog badges that are on my blog ie: Red Letters Campaign and Hopemongers, well there's going to be more. And as much as I LOVE being creative....I am going to be using my talents to help the least of these and not promote a creative business that isn't doing very much. Will I still accept orders? ABSOLUTELY, but I'm not advertising anymore...no more Tip Junkie, no more SIS. More Children's HopeChest, Charity Water, Love146, and T4A. These guys need MY voice; however, small it is.
6. Running - I have been running a lot over the past several months. I've done a couple of 5Ks and the Muddy Buddy. I ENJOY running, I'm having fun. I've also felt God asking me to use my new love and joy to help those less fortunate. So, at least once a quarter I will be running a 1/2 marathon and having it sponsored. I will be running the Chosen Adoption 1/2 in October in Gruene, TX. This one will be sponsored, but I'm going to wait to share who's going to benefit from it.
I hope that you will continue to read my blog, and now it's going to more deep and emotional and not so superficial anymore.
I will leave you with a VERY cute picture of my kids and BEVO, because, they are always picture worthy.