2 weeks from today.....I'll be lacing up my running shoes
2 weeks from today.....I'll be wearing the Red Letters that say, "I run for....RESCUE. I run for....IRM"
2 weeks from today....all the training I've been doing over the past several months will be put to final use.
2 weeks from today.....my "I run for campaign" will be finished collecting money until next year.
2 weeks from today....I'll be running my very first 1/2 marathon...that's right 13.1 miles total AT ONE TIME!!
You see, I'm still waiting to hear from Children's HopeChest about how much has been raised for my sponsorship, and due to their new software system I won't know until the upcoming week. Here's what I pray for, long for....that the email I get next week says something to the effect: "Elizabeth, we finally got your totals and to date you have raised your $2500." OR even better an email that says, "Elizabeth, you have gone OVER your $2500 goal." Either one of those emails would be AWESOME. But since I don't know what my totals are yet, I need to assume we are a LONG way from meeting our goal of $2500.
So here's the deal. I need your voices!! Please go read what my new friend Kristen says about what happened at the T4A conference when someone spoke up. She wrote it out so eloquently. I was sitting right next to her and was amazed about what God did in that room. Please go check it out.
Then I need this from you over the next 2 weeks.
- Please pray for me as I continue my training to be successful. With allergy season kicking our rears this year, running outside is proving to be a bit more difficult than I'd like.
- Please pray for the money to come in.
- Please pray that I meet and exceed my goal of $2500.
- Please spread the word to get more people aware of what I'm doing.
- Please consider donating yourself.
- Please pray for the girls that this money is going to go help in India.
|Help young girls like these.|